The following criteria apply for consideration for a GED/ HiSET Test Fee Scholarship from OKCMLC:
- The scholarship request must be submitted by a staff person at the literacy organization in which the student is enrolled, in order to indicate the student is adequately prepared to pass the test
- The criteria for these funds are need-based
- The request can be for either the entire test or a specific portion of the test
- Applications will be considered year-round
- We cannot guarantee availability of funds for all applications due to the limited balance of the fund
- Requests for scholarship must be received at least two weeks before the test
To apply for a GED/ HiSET Test Fee Scholarship, follow the instructions below.
Prior to the Test:
Complete the online application.
After the Test:
The student or organization should write OKCMLC indicating the results of each test taken and whether the student received his or her high school equivalency diploma. This is important for our records to donors who support this fund. We would like to be able to publish the students name when the GED is accomplished, but understand if the student prefers to remain anonymous. A note from the student or organization about the achievement as well as permission to publish the student’s name may either be emailed or mailed to OKCMLC.