OKCMLC seeks to support and strengthen direct-service literacy providers in the OKC metro.
Some ways we do this include:
- Promoting awareness of the importance of literacy, birth to adult, in our community
- Referring people to the appropriate literacy organization when we receive phone and online requests for help
- Sharing literacy providers’ events, needs, classes, and opportunities via our monthly newsletter and social media
- Sharing grant opportunities and possible collaborations with providers
- Hosting Network Meetings for various segments of the literacy provider community so they can better know each other, learn from one another, and partner together
- Offering Professional Development grants to encourage and equip literacy providers in their roles
Professional Development Grant Guidelines:
- Must be a current Member Organization of OKCMLC
- Each Member Organization may receive up to $500 per calendar year, pending availability of funds.
- Funds are to be used for professional development to benefit the organization (regional conferences, workshops, seminars, webinars, training, etc.). They may be used for staff or volunteers.
- To stretch the availability of funds, applicants are asked to take advantage of early bird and other discounts when available.
- Allow at least three weeks for review, notification, and disbursement of funds. Requests will be reviewed by a committee of OKCMLC board members.
- Member Organizations may apply using the brief online PD Grant Request form.
- For reporting, organizations should submit the brief online PD Grant Report form within 30 days of completing the professional development. Organizations must include a receipt and return any unused funds when submitting the report.