January 27, 2016 — The Oklahoma City Metropolitan Literacy Coalition has received a $3,000 grant from the Yelp Foundation, having been nominated and supported by votes from community members in the Yelp Foundation Gives Local grant contest. Of many nonprofits considered for recognition, only three in the Oklahoma City area were nominated to participate in the grant contest, which awarded $10,000 total to local nonprofits.
The Gives Local grant contest encouraged community members in 75 U.S. cities to vote for the organizations they wanted to support with grants and drew more than 160,000 votes. Each winning nonprofit aligns with an area of the Yelp Foundation’s mission to address the needs of local communities including: access to information, education, local economic development, and freedom of expression. The contest awarded $750,000 total in grants in January 2016.
- See the full list of grant winners on the Yelp Blog
- Learn more about the Yelp Foundation
- Learn more about OKCMLC programs supported by this grant
- Interviews are available with Board Chair Bevan Graybill on the impact of this grant on our organization.
- Questions about the Yelp Foundation and media requests can be directed to email@example.com.
- For questions about OKCMLC, contact Bevan Graybill at firstname.lastname@example.org.